Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
China - Understand China and Survival Guide (Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
All the info you need on everything from history: Confucius, emperors to opium and revolution, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on Taoism, Buddhism, Confucianism and Communism: China’s philosophies and religions explained
- info on China’s martial arts from Qigong to Wing Chun in a nutshell
- full coverage of China’s cuisine, from delectable dim sum to tongue-tingling hotpots
- details on the landscape, from emerald rice terraces to huge deserts to soaring mountains
Coverage includes: China Today, History, People of China, Religion & Philosophy, Chinese Cuisine, Arts & Architecture, China’s Landscapes, Martial Arts of China, Directory A–Z, Transport and Language chapters.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.