China - Tibet (Chapter)
This is the Tibet chapter from Lonely Planet’s China guidebook.
For many people, the highlights of Tibet will be of a spiritual nature: magnificent monasteries, prayer halls of chanting monks, and remote cliffside retreats. Tibet’s other big draw is the elemental beauty of the highest plateau on earth.
- rub shoulders with Tibetan pilgrims in the holy city of Lhasa
- marvel at the murals of angels and demons in the 108 chapels of Gyantse Kumbum
- erase the sins of a lifetime on the three-day pilgrim circuit of Mt Kailash
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lhasa, Drepung Monastery, Ganden Monastery, Sera Monastery, Samye Monastery, Saga, Gyantse, Shigatse, Lhatse, Sakya, Everest Base Camp, Tingri, Darchen & Mt Kailash, Lake Manasarovar.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.