China - Tianjin & Hebei (Chapter)
This is the Tianjin & Hebei chapter from Lonely Planet’s China guidebook.
Hebei is a slow-moving panorama of grazing sheep, brown earth and fields of corn and wheat. Cosmopolitan Tianjin may put on a dazzling show, but the true charms of this region are its time-worn, earthy textures and its deep-rooted historical narrative.
- visit the staggering collection of imperial buildings at the Qing dynasty’s summer resort of Chengde
- explore the remarkable 1500-year-old Longxing Temple and other ancient temples and pagodas at Zhengding
- Walk the cobbled streets of the little-known Ming dynasty ‘stone village’ of Yujiacun
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Tianjin, Hebei, Shijiazhuang, Zhengding, Yujiacun, Chengde, Shanhaiguan, Jimingyi
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.