*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
China - The Great Wall (Chapter)
This is the Great Wall chapter from Lonely Planet’s China guidebook.
China’s greatest engineering triumph and must-see sight, the Great Wall wriggles haphazardly from its scattered Manchurian remains in Liaoning province to wind-scoured rubble in the Gobi desert and faint traces in the unforgiving sands of Xinjiang.
- join the crowds at Badaling, the most famous and picturesque stretch of the Wall
- hike unrestored stretches of the Wall from the ancient fortified village of Gubeikou
- toboggan down restored sections of the Wall around Mutianyu
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Great Wall History, Visiting the Wall, Mutianyu, Gubeikou, Jiankou, Zhuangdaokou, Jinshanling, Huanghua Cheng, Badaling.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.