China - Sichuan (Chapter)
This is the Sichuan chapter from Lonely Planet’s China guidebook.
Capital Chengdu shows a modern face, but just beyond its bustling ring roads you’ll find a more traditional landscape of mist-shrouded, sacred mountains, and a countryside scattered with ancient villages and cliffs of carved Buddhas.
- make multiday pilgrimage treks around the stunning hold mountains in Yading Nature Reserve
- chat with monks and nuns in training at Larung Gar Five Sciences Buddhist Academy, Seda’s massive Buddhist institution
- rise with the sun above the forested slopes at the cool, misty retreat of Emei Shan
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Chengdu, Dujiangyan, Emei Shan, Le Shan, Liujiang, Zigong, Yibin, Kangding, Songpan, Jiuzhaigou National Park, Langzhong, Guangyuan.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation