China - Shanghai (Chapter)
This is the Shanghai chapter from Lonely Planet’s China guidebook.
You can’t see the Great Wall from space, but you’d have a job missing Shanghai. One of the country’s largest and most vibrant cities, Shanghai somehow typifies modern China while being unlike anywhere else in the land.
- stroll down the promenade in the Bund or raise an evening glass to phosphorescent Pudong
- load up on Chinese culture’s greatest hits at the Shanghai Museum
- admire the curvature of the earth from atop the Shanghai Tower or the Shanghai World Financial Center
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Zhujiajiao.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.