China - Shandong (Chapter)
This is the Shangdong chapter from Lonely Planet’s China guidebook.
Steeped in natural and supernatural allure, the Shandong peninsula on China’s northeastern coast is legendary. Its captivating landscape – a fertile flood plain fed by rivers and underground springs, capped by granite peaks and framed in wild coastline – inspires wonder.
- climb the slopes of the sacred Taoist mountain of Tai Shan, where stones speak the wisdom of millennia
- chill by the sea in Qingdao with a pitcher of China’s most famous brew
- peruse the ancient home town of Confucius, Qufu
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ji’nan, Zhujiayu, Tai’an, Tai Shan, Qufu, Zoucheng, Qingdao, Lao Shan, Yantai, Penglai.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.