*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
China - Shaanxi (Chapter)
This is the Shaanxi chapter from Lonely Planet’s China guidebook.
Shaanxi is where it began for China. As the heartland of the Qin dynasty, whose warrior emperor united much of China for the first time, Shaanxi was the cradle of Chinese civilisation and the fountainhead of Han culture.
- see what guardians an emperor enlists to protect him in the afterlife: the Army of Terracotta Warriors
- admire Xi’an’s classically styled, Tang-dynasty Big Goose Pagoda, the centrepiece for a stunning sound and light show
- watch the sun rise over the Qinling Mountains from atop Hua Shan, Taoism’s sacred and dramatic western peak
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Xi’an & Around, Hua Shan, Hancheng, Yulin.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.