China - Qinghai (Chapter)
This is the Qinghai chapter from Lonely Planet’s China guidebook.
Big, bold and beautifully barren, Qinghai occupies a vast swath of the northeastern of the Tibetan Plateau. It feels more Tibetan than Chinese; there are monasteries galore, yaks by the thousands and nomads camped out across high-altitude grasslands.
- cycle along the shores of Qinghai Lake, the largest lake in China
- scramble across the Martian-like red mountains of Kanbula National Park
- take the iconic Qinghai-Tibet Railway to Lhasa from Golmud
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Xining, Huzhu Beishan Forest National Park, Tongren, Guide, Yushu, Princess Wencheng Temple, Nangchen, Golmud, Maduo.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.