China - Ningxia (Chapter)
This is the Ningxia chapter from Lonely Planet’s China guidebook.
With its raw landscape of dusty plains and stark mountains, sliced in two by the Yellow River, Ningxia is a timeless landscape where farmers till the hard yellow earth just like their ancestors did.
- visit the Western Xia Tombs outside Yinchuan, a rare reminder of a long-vanished culture
- explore the little-visited Buddhist grottoes of Xumi Shan, with their hundreds of statues
- be startled by the unsettling statuary in the riveting Arhat Hall of Gao Temple
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Yinchuan, Helan Shan, Zhongwei, Guyuan, Tongxin.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.