*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
China - Macau (Chapter)
This is the Macau chapter from Lonely Planet’s China guidebook.
Best known globally as the ‘Vegas of China’, Macau is a mecca of gambling and glitz. But it’s so much more than that. A Portuguese colony for more than 300 years, it is a city of blended cultures.
- dine on Portuguese fare and wander the narrow lanes of charming colonial Taipa Village
- wander the baroque indoor canals of the mind-blowingly huge Venetian casino complex
- explore the ethereal ruins of the Church of St Paul, the very symbol of Macau
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.