China - Liaoning (Chapter)
This is the Liaoning chapter from Lonely Planet’s China guidebook.
History and hedonism run side by side in Liaoning. Walled Ming dynasty cities rub up against booming beach resorts, while imperial palaces sit in the centre of bustling modern cities.
- kick back and enjoy Dalian’s beaches, coastal walkways and beer festival
- climb the Tiger Mountain Great Wall, its easternmost stretch, near Dandong
- peer into North Korea on a Yalu River cruise, and experience Dandong’s mix of Korean and Chinese culture
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Dalian & Around, Bingyu Valley, Dandong, Shenyang, Xingcheng.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.