China - Jilin (Chapter)
This is the Jilin chapter from Lonely Planet’s China guidebook.
Jilin teases with the ancient and the modern, the artificial and the supernatural. Travellers tired of great walls and imperial facades can explore Japanese-influenced architecture on the trail of the puppet emperor Puyi and the ruins of an ancient Korean kingdom.
- visit China’s largest nature reserve, Changbai Shan, with its waterfalls, birch forests and, most of all, the aptly named Heaven Lake
- hit the slopes at Beidahu Ski Resort, one of China’s premier skiing spots
- explore the mysterious remains of the ancient Koguryo Kingdom in Ji’an, just across the Yalu River from North Korea
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Changbai Shan, Yanji, Ji’an, Beidahu Ski Resort, Changchun.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.