China - Jiangsu (Chapter)
This is the Jiangsu chapter from Lonely Planet’s China guidebook.
Lush Jiangsu spills over as much charm and history as the waters that flow through its sparkling web of canals. It’s known throughout China for its cute canal towns, enchanting gardens and sophisticated opera and folk arts.
- get a grade A cultural fix at the Nanjing Museum, climbing the city walls and going to the scenic Ming Ziaoling Tomb
- feast your eyes on the modern Suzhou Museum’s exhibits and explore the charming Garden of the Master of the Nets
- lose yourself in Tongli’s alleys and canals, and examine the eye-opening collection of the Chinese Sex Culture Museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Nanjing, Suzhou, Mudu, Tongli, Luzhi, Zhouzhuang.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation