China - Hubei (Chapter)
This is the Hubei chapter from Lonely Planet’s China guidebook.
Like much of central China, Hubei is better known for its industrial belt rather than the searing beauty of its lush and fertile landscape of mountain parks and plains sluiced by rivers, lakes and sacred Taoist sites.
- learn taichi on Wudang Shan, the majestic cloud-covered mountain where it was invented
- spot the famed ‘wild man’ as you hike in Shennonglia in the wilds of northeast Hubei and camp under the starts on elevated grassy knolls
- do the cultural dance around Wuhan’s fine museums and temples before shuffling to the dance floors of the riverfront concession
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Wuhan, Jingzhou & Around, Wudang Shan, Shennongjia, Yichang.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.