China - Hainan (Chapter)
This is the Hainanchapter from Lonely Planet’s China guidebook.
China’s largest tropical island boasts all the balmy weather, coconut palms and gold-sand beaches you could ask for. Down at Sanya it’s see-and-be-seen on the boardwalks or escape altogether at some of Asia’s top luxury resorts.
- soak up the sun, sand and cocktails at China’s top beach resort, Sanya
- cycle through the Central Highlands, the island’s mountainous spine, home of the Li and Miao
- surf and chill out at a beachside guesthouse on Houhai Beach
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Haikou & Around, Central Highlands, Baoting, The East Coast, Bo’ao, Shimei Bay & Ri Yue Bay, Sanya (Dadonghai), Xinglong.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.