China - Guizhou (Chapter)
This is the Guizhou chapter from Lonely Planet’s China guidebook.
Guizhou is, unfairly, largely unknown outside China. It has two of the country’s most spectacular natural features – a waterfall and a cave – while outside the capital, Guiyang, it’s green hills and valleys, flowing rivers and limestone formations to the horizon.
- raft in the wash of the Huangguoshu Falls, and hike the nearby region
- river-cruise through Zhenyuan, a charming 2000-year-old settlement
- descend into Zhijin Cave, the spectacular largest cavern in China
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Guiyang, Qingyan, Kaili, Basha, Leishan, Longli, Xijiang, Zhaoxing, Zhenyuan, Tiexi Gorge, Baojing, Anshun, Weining, Chishui.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation