China - Guangxi (Chapter)
This is the Guangxi chapter from Lonely Planet’s China guidebook.
Guangxi conjures up visions of cycling and bamboo rafting upon shimmering river waters beneath the sublime karst peaks of Yangshuo and hiking between ethnic villages in the lofty Longji Rice Terraces.
- cycle past scenery straight out of a painting alongside the Yulong River around Yangshuo
- trek among stilt houses and the Longji rice terraces, with fields that cascade down the slopes like stairs
- stop by the Chengyang Wind and Rain Bridge, drum towers and cedar-wood homes of the artistic Dong people around Sanjiang
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Guilin, Longji Rice Terraces, Sanjiang, Yangshuo, Huangyao, Nanning, Yangmei, Beihai, Weizhou Island, Pingxiang, Tongling Grand Canyon, Leye.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation