China - Fujian (Chapter)
This is the Fujian chapter from Lonely Planet’s China guidebook.
Fujian is an attractive coastal province with a long seafaring history. As a significant stop on the maritime Silk Road, its cities developed an easy cosmopolitan outlook that’s evident in its architecture, food, language and people.
- drift between cat-filled cafes on a car-free Gulang Yu, a Chinese island with European flair
- sleep in Fujian Tulou’s packed-earth fortresses like a character from Game of Thrones
- explore Quanzhou’s temples and near-medieval streets on the maritime Silk Route
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Xiamen, Gulang Yu, Fujian Tulou, Quanzhou, Chongwu, Xunpu Village, Cao’an Manichaean Temple, Fuzhou, Wuyi Shan.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation