China - Chongqing (Chapter)
This is the Chongqing chapter from Lonely Planet’s China guidebook.
Chongqing municipality may be a relatively recent creation, having been carved out of Sichuan province in 1997, but with its eponymous city driving the economy of western China, it’s now one of the most important regions in the whole country.
- shift down a gear or two as you float past the awe-inspiring Three Gorges on a Yangzi River Cruise
- gasp in wonder at the exquisite artwork of the ancient cliff carvings in Dazu Buddhist Caves
- explore the wild waterfalls and karst formations of the mountain wilderness area of Wulong County National Geology Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Chongqing City, Dazu Buddhist Caves, Laitan, Zhongshan, Wulong, Anju Ancient Town.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.