Chile & Easter Island - Tierra del Fuego (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tierra del Fuego chapter from Lonely Planet’s Chile & Easter Island guidebook.
At the southern extreme of the Americas, the immense Fuegian wilderness, with its slate-gray seascapes, crimson bogs and wind-worn forests, endures as awesome and irritable as in the era of exploration. Shared by Chile and Argentina, this area is also lovely and wild.
- trek around jagged peaks and sculpted landscapes on the burly five-day circuit of Dientes de Navarino
- explore the ancient moss-bound Fuegian forests of Parque Nacional Tierra del Fuego
- splurge on fresh local seafood in gourmet style in Ushuaia and race through frozen valleys on a dogsledding tour
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Chilean Tierra Del Fuego, Porvenir, Interior Tierra del Fuego, Parque Nacional Yendegaia, Isla Navarino, Cabo de Hornos & Surrounding Islands, Ar-gentine Tierra del Fuego, Ushuaia, Parque Nacional Tierra del Fuego, Tolhuin & Lago Fagnano, Río Grande.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.