Chile & Easter Island - Sur Chico (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sur Chico chapter from Lonely Planet’s Chile & Easter Island guide-book.
The regions of La Araucanía, Los Ríos and the Lakes District jar travelers with menacing ice-topped volcanoes, glacial lakes overflowing with what looks like melted jade, roaring rivers running through forests and coastal enclaves inhabited by the indomitable Mapuche people.
- visit one of the most beautiful places in the world you’ve probably never heard of: Caleta Condor
- trek the otherworldly landscapes of La Araucanía’s volcanically altered national parks: Reserva Nacional Malalcahuello-Nalcas
- push your adrenaline limits daily in Sur Chico’s high-adventure capital, Pucón
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: La Araucanía, Temuco, Parque Nacional Conguillío, Curacautín, Reserva Nacional Malalcahuello-Nalcas, Melipeuco, Villarrica, Pucón, Parque Nacional Villarrica, Río Liucura & Río Caburgua Valleys, Parque Nacional Huerquehue, Cu-rarrehue, Los Ríos, Valdivia & Around, The Lakes District, Osorno, Parque Nacional Puyehue, Frutillar, Puerto Varas, Ensenada, Parque Nacional Vicente Pérez Rosales, Cochamó, Río Co-chamó Valley, Río Puelo, Puelo Valley, Puerto Montt.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.