Chile & Easter Island - Southern Patagonia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Patagonia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Chile & Easter Is-land guidebook.
Pounding westerlies, barren seascapes and the ragged spires of Torres del Paine – this is the distilled essence of Patagonia. It’s a place for travelers to hatch their greatest adventures, wheth-er hiking through rugged landscapes, seeing penguins by the thousands or horseback riding across the steppe.
- discover the remote backside of Parque Nacional Torres del Paine
- join the march of the penguins on Isla Magdalena
- hike under the toothy Fitz Roy Range near El Chaltén, Argentina’s trekking capital
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Magallanes Region, Punta Arenas & Around, Última Esperanza, Puerto Natales, Cueva del Milodón, Parque Nacional Bernardo O’Higgins, Parque Nacional Torres del Paine, Argentine Patagonia, El Calafate, Parque Nacional Los Glaciares (South), El Chaltén, Parque Nacional Los Glaciares (North).
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.