Chile & Easter Island - Santiago (PDF Chapter)
This is the Santiago chapter from Lonely Planet’s Chile & Easter Island guide-book.
Surprising, cosmopolitan, energetic, sophisticated and worldly, Santiago is a city of synco-pated cultural currents, madhouse parties, expansive museums and top-flight restaurants. No wonder 40% of Chileans call the leafy capital city home.
- gaze out over Santiago from the breathtaking summit of Cerro San Cristóbal
- trace the roots of Chilean culture and art at the Museo Chileno de Arte Precolombino
- sample paila marina (seafood stew) and watch locals bargain for fresh fish at Mercado Central
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Santiago.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.