*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Chile & Easter Island - Norte Grande (PDF Chapter)
This is the Norte Grande chapter from Lonely Planet’s Chile & Easter Island guidebook.
Sun-scorched Norte Grande is made up of Andean lagoons, snow-capped volcanoes, salt flats and sensuously perforated coastline. Famous as much for its hilltop observatories as its massive copper mines, those vast, uninhabited spaces touch the soul and the imagination.
- illuminate the past as you marvel at the world’s oldest mummies at the Museo Arqueológico San Miguel de Azapa
- test your lungs as you visit the Andean villages and high-altitude lakes of Parque Nacional Lauca
- charge the big breaks by day, sipping pisco sours by night in the charming nitrate-era town of Iquique
- restaurants and accommodation
Coverage includes: San Pedro de Atacama & around, Reserva Nacional Los Flamencos, El Tatio Geysers, Calama, Chuquicamata, Antofagasta & around, Iquique & around, Pica, Pisagua, Arica, Azapa Valley, Putre and Parque Nacional Lauca & around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.