Chile & Easter Island - Norte Grande (PDF Chapter)
This is the Norte Grande chapter from Lonely Planet’s Chile & Easter Island guidebook.
Dust devils zoom wantonly through sun-scorched Norte Grande with its undulating curves of rock and stone, Andean lagoons, snowcapped volcanoes, salt flats and sensuously perforated coastline. Its vast, uninhabited spaces touch the soul and the imagination.
- watch jaw-dropping sunsets, sand-board down golden dunes and photograph topaz lakes against chiseled snow-covered peaks in San Pedro de Atacama
- contemplate the world’s oldest mummies Museo Arqueológico San Miguel de Azapa
- breath in the clean (but very thin) air while visiting Andean villages and high-altitude lakes in the Parque Nacional Lauca
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: San Pedro de Atacama & Around, Reserva Nacional Los Flamencos, El Tatio Geysers, Calama, Chuquicamata, Antofagasta, South of Antofagasta, Iquique, East of Iquique, Pisagua, Arica & Around, Route 11, Putre, Parque Nacional Lauca, South of Parque Nacional Lauca.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.