Chile & Easter Island - Norte Chico (PDF Chapter)
This is the Norte Chico chapter from Lonely Planet’s Chile & Easter Island guide-book.
For such a small sliver of land, Chile’s Norte Chico (Little North) offers up fantastic diversity. La Serena, a coastal colonial capital and the region’s largest city, is a must-see for anybody visit-ing.
- take in captivating scenery, serene villages and historic pisco distilleries in the Elqui Val-ley
- spend the day on a pretty beach followed by a night of seafood feasting in Norte Chico’s coolest little beach town, Bahía Inglesa
- hike desert trails and find a slice of paradise on untouched sands in Parque Nacional Pan de Azúcar
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: La Serena, South of La Serena, Elqui Valley, Reserva Nacional Pingüino de Humboldt, Huasco Valley, Parque Nacional Llanos de Challe, Copiapó, Parque Nacional Nevado Tres Cruces, Ojos del Salado, Caldera, Bahía Inglesa, Parque Nacional Pan de Azúcar.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation