*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Chile & Easter Island - Easter Island (Rapa Nui) (PDF Chapter)
This is the Easter Island (Rapa Nui) chapter from Lonely Planet’s Chile & Easter Island guidebook.
Few areas in the world possess a more mystical pull than Easter Island, one of the most isolated places on Earth. The diving, snorkeling and surfing here are fabulous, but if all you want to do is recharge the batteries, a couple of superb expanses of white sand beckon.
- clip-clop on the flanks of the extinct volcano Maunga Terevaka
- wonder at the most logic-defying statues in the world – the strikingly familiar moai
- seek solace on the mysterious Península Poike
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Hanga Roa, Parque Nacional Rapa Nui, Understand Easter Island, Easter Island Today, History, The People of Rapa Nui, Arts, The Landscape and Easter Island Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.