Chile & Easter Island - Easter Island (Rapa Nui) (PDF Chapter)
This is the Easter Island (Rapa Nui) chapter from Lonely Planet’s Chile & Easter Is-land guidebook.
Few areas in the world possess a more mystical pull than Easter Island, one of the most iso-lated places on Earth. Endowed with the most logic-defying statues on the planet – the strikingly familiar moai –it emanates a magnetic, mysterious vibe.
- take a lesson in archaeology at Rano Raraku, the ‘nursery’ of the moai
- watch the sun rise above a row of enigmatic statues of Ahu Tongariki
- have a snooze under the swaying palms of alluring Anakena beach
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Hanga Roa, Parque Nacional Rapa Nui, Understand Easter Island, Easter Island Today, History, Culture, Arts, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.