Chile & Easter Island - Chiloé (PDF Chapter)
This is the Chiloé chapter from Lonely Planet’s Chile & Easter Island guidebook.
Admire the famous Chilote wood shingles, palafitos (houses on stilts) and the iconic wooden churches, all weaved among landscapes that are wet, windswept, wild, and lush, giving Isla Grande de Chiloé a distinct flavor unique in South America.
- genuflect in awe at the interiors of Chiloé’s Unesco-listed wooden churches, especially in Achao and Castro
- wake up with the sun on a kayak trip in misty Chepu
- spy Magellanic and Humboldt penguins at the wild and rugged Monumento Natural Islotes de Puñihuil
- restaurants and accommodation
Coverage includes: Ancud, Monumento Natural Islotes de Puñihuil, Quemchi, Isla Mechuque, Dalcahue, Isla Quinchao, Castro, Parque Nacional Chiloé and Quellón.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.