Chicago - Wicker Park, Bucktown & Ukranian Village (PDF Chapter)
For a taste of trendy young Chicago, wander up Milwaukee Ave near Damen Ave in Wicker Park on a Friday night. You’ll pass booming bars, packed restaurants and stages hosting indie rock, and shushed underground author readings.
- trawl for treasures – an old Devo record, a vintage pillbox hat, steel-toed boots, a mustache disguise kit – in the shops along the half-mile stretch of Milwaukee Ave between Damen and Ashland Aves
- hear an alt-country band, watch a local politics talk show, or sing along with a Meatloaf tribute band in Hideout, one of Chicago’s coolest venues
- squeeze into the teeny Matchbox for a gimlet, sidecar or other retro cocktail
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.