Chicago - West Loop & Near West Side (PDF Chapter)
This is the West Loop & Near West Side chapter from Lonely Planet’s Chicago guidebook.
By day thriving business zone, where hip young workers bustle amid latte shops, by night home of haute eateries, swanky cocktail lounges and rooftop bars, West Loop is akin to New York City’s Meatpacking District.
- fork into a decadent meal by a celebrity chef at one of the district’s mega-hot restaurants, like Stephanie Izard’s Girl & the Goat
- swirl a magical drink at the champagne bars, rooftop bars and distilleries that mix in the hood; Aviary is an exemplar of the genre
- explore Greektown’s tavernas, bakeries and shops and indulge in flaming cheese, hon-eyed sweets and carafes of wine; Artopolis shows how it’s done
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.