Chicago - Understand Chicago and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Chicago Today, History, Architecture, Sports, Chicago Dining, Mu-sic & the Arts, Transportation, and Directory A–Z chapters from Lonely Planet’s Chicago guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, architecture and sports to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on Chicago’s fabled art-deco architecture
- info on the Windy City’s sports and its passionate fans
- full coverage of Chicago dining, from high gastronomy to deep-dish comfort food
- details on the arts, from improv comedy to electric blues
Coverage includes: Chicago Today, History, Architecture, Sports, Chica-go Dining, Music & the Arts, Transportation, and Directory A–Z.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.