Chicago - The Loop (PDF Chapter)
This is The Loop chapter from Lonely Planet’s Chicago guidebook.
The Loop is Chicago’s financial and historic heart and it pulses with energy. It contains the city’s favorite playground: Grant Park, which unfurls as a sprawling green buffer between the skyscrapers and Lake Michigan, and most of its big-ticket attractions.
- explore the freebies of art-dotted Millennium Park, from morning yoga classes to evening concerts at Frank Gehry’s swooping silver bandshell
- admire color-swirled Monets, Renoirs and one very large Seurat at the Art Institute of Chi-cago
- gape at the sky-high ingenuity on display at the Chicago Architecture Center through an tour by boat or on foot
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout