Chicago - South Loop & Near South Side (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
What you’ll see when you come to the South Loop, where the Field Museum, the Shedd Aquarium and Adler Planetarium sit side by side on the lakeshore – is a whole lot of shiny newness.
- size up Sue the T-rex, the towering totem poles and magnificent mummies at the Field Museum of Natural History, one of the world’s foremost scientific research institutions
- walk or cycle around the wild, grassy island of Northerly Island and check out the animal life en route
- view the stars and learn about asteroids inside Adler Planetarium, then take in brilliant city skyline vistas outside
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities and Family-Friendly South Loop.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.