*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Chicago - South Loop & Near South Side (PDF Chapter)
What you’ll see when you come to the South Loop, where the Field Museum, the Shedd Aquarium and Adler Planetarium sit side by side on the lakeshore – is a whole lot of shiny newness.
- size up Sue the T-rex, the towering totem poles and magnificent mummies at the Field Museum of Natural History, one of the world’s foremost scientific research institutions
- walk or cycle around the wild, grassy island of Northerly Island and check out the animal life en route
- view the stars and learn about asteroids inside Adler Planetarium, then take in brilliant city skyline vistas outside
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities and Family-Friendly South Loop.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.