Chicago - Plan your trip (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Welcome to Chicago, Chicago’s Top 10, What’s New, Need to Know, Top Itineraries, If You Like..., Month By Month, With Kids, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, En-tertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities, and LGBT+ Chicago chapters from Lonely Planet’s Chicago guidebook.
Your journey to Chicago starts here. You’ll find the tools to plan your adventure: where to go and when, how much to budget, plus in-depth info for LGBT+ travelers.
- tailor-made itineraries, arranged by region, themes and events
- list of highlights and best experiences
- everything you need to know about sport in the USA’s greatest sports town
- user-friendly city overview ensures you won’t miss a thing
Coverage includes: Welcome to Chicago, Chicago’s Top 10, What’s New, Need to Know, Top Itineraries, If You Like: Famous Museums, Contemporary Art, Parks & Gar-dens, History, Multicultural Neighbourhoods, Skyscrapers, Windy City Icons, Free Stuff, Photo Ops, Offbeat Museums, Kid-Friendly Activities, Frank Lloyd Wright, Pop Culture, Month By Month, With Kids, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities, and LGBT+ Chicago.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.