Chicago - Near North & Navy Pier (PDF Chapter)
This is the Near North & Navy Pier chapter from Lonely Planet’s Chicago guide-book.
The Near North packs in pizza parlors, bistros, art galleries and so many upscale stores that Michigan Ave has been dubbed the ‘Magnificent Mile.’ To the east is Navy Pier, a half-mile-long wharf of boats, carnival rides and a flashy Ferris wheel.
- walk on the boat-bedecked wharf at Navy Pier and take in the views – especially from the stomach-churning 196ft Ferris wheel.
- heft a gooey slice of pizza that’s even mightier than deep-dish at Giordano’s
- shop with the frenzied masses along the busy Magnificent Mile, jam-packed with retailers from Burberry to Nike to a very spiffy Apple
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.