Chicago - Logan Square & Humboldt Park (PDF Chapter)
This is the Logan Square & Humboldt Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s Chicago guidebook.
Logan Square is the city’s hipster haven, the place to go for the buzziest tiki lounge or all-the- rage fried-chicken cafe. Puerto Rican stronghold Humboldt Park is the place to sample a jibarito, the local sandwich specialty, and to seek out retro coffeehouses.
- dine at one of the esteemed little storefront restaurants that’s making big foodie news, such as Giant
- stroll around the lagoon, lounge on the beach, check out the free arts center and munch Puerto Rican snacks in sprawling Humboldt Park
- hear a fret-bending set by local blues musicians in unvarnished environs at Rosa’s Lounge
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout