Chicago - Lincoln Square & Ravenswood (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lincoln Square & Ravenswood chapter from Lonely Planet’s Chicago guidebook.
Lincoln Square is perfect for an afternoon or evening. Cute shops and cafes line up one after the other, and the area is easily walkable. Ravenswood’s Malt Row works best for a beer-themed late afternoon or evening stroll.
- peruse the cool, quirky lineup of stores along the Lincoln Ave, like Gene’s Sausage Shop with its festive rooftop beer garden
- swig triple India Pale Ales, rauchbiers and passionfruit ales in the taprooms of the many breweries near each other in Malt Row, Ravenswood’s old factory corridor
- dine in Michelin-starred but casual-vibed Goosefoot, which cooks wildly creative tasting menus
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout