Chicago - Lincoln Park & Old Town (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lincoln Park & Old Town chapter from Lonely Planet’s Chicago guidebook.
Almost 50% larger than Central Park in New York, Lincoln Park is where Chicagoans flock when the weather warms up to savor the lakefront oasis of ponds, walking paths and exotic creatures in the free zoo.
- meander along Lincoln Park’s byways and hear lions roar in the zoo, then smell exotic flowers in the conservatory and discover the calm of the hidden lily pool
- laugh, drink and shout out plot suggestions at legendary Second City
- dig into space-age modern cuisine at Alinea, one of the world’s best restaurants
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout