Chicago - Lincoln Park & Old Town (PDF Chapter)
Lincoln Park is the city’s premier playground. Almost 50% larger than Central Park in New York, Lincoln Park is where Chicagoans flock when the weather warms up to savor the lakefront oasis of ponds, paths and exotic creatures in the free zoo.
- meander Lincoln Park’s byways and hear lions roar in the zoo, smell exotic flowers in the conservatory and find the calm of the hidden lily pool
- laugh and drink and shout out plot suggestions during an improv show at the legendary Second City comedy venue
- dig into space-age, Jetsons-like cuisine in Alinea, one of the world’s best restaurants
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities and Park Life.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.