Chicago - Lake View & Wrigleyville (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lake View & Wrigleyville chapter from Lonely Planet’s Chicago guidebook.
Most visitors start at Wrigley Field. The area around the ballpark is like a street festival on game days; nongame days see action too, as the park next door to Wrigley hosts free concerts, alfresco fitness classes and farmers markets.
- spend an afternoon in the bleachers at Wrigley Field, hot dog and beer in hand, hoping for a win at the ivy-clad home of the Cubs
- hear a soon-to-be-famous band at Metro, Chicago’s premier loud-rock venue, a tastemaker for more than three decades
- join the thumping nightlife amid the rainbow flags in the city’s main gay neighbourhood, Boystown
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.