Chicago - Hyde Park & South Side (PDF Chapter)
This is the Hyde Park & South Side chapter from Lonely Planet’s Chicago guide-book.
Brainy Hyde Park holds bookstores galore and sights like Frank Lloyd Wright’s Robie House and the Museum of Science & Industry. Irish enclave Bridgeport has bars and galleries, while Bronzeville has jazzy architecture and important shrines to African American history.
- explore the U-boat, dollhouse, mock tornado and body slices at the Museum of Science & Industry, the largest science museum in the western hemisphere
- gawk at the eye-popping stained glass and horizontal design of Robie House, Frank Lloyd Wright’s Prairie-style masterpiece
- see how creativity can reshape a downtrodden building at Stony Island Arts Bank, a one-of-a-kind cultural center
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.