Chicago - Gold Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Gold Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Chicago guidebook.
- get high by soaring up in the 20mph elevator to the 96th-floor Signature Lounge for tall drinks and sparkling views
- peruse the Museum of Contemporary Art’s avant-garde paintings, sculptures and videos by day, then stick around for an experimental performance in the theater at night
- ogle Astor Street, the genteel mansions where Chicago’s rich and powerful have lived since the 1880s
- restaurants & accommodation
The Gold Coast has been home to the wealthiest Chicagoans for over a century. Sights-wise, the 360° Chicago observatory and Museum of Contemporary Art are the top atten-tion-grabbers.
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.