*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Chicago - Gold Coast (PDF Chapter)
The Gold Coast has been the address of Chicago’s crème de la crème for more than 125 years. When you stroll through the neighborhood, especially the Astor St area, you’ll take in some of the most beautiful old mansions in Chicago.
- get high by taking the 20mph elevator to the 96th-floor Signature Lounge for a tall drink and sparkling views
- peruse the avant-garde paintings, sculptures and videos at the Museum of Contemporary Art by day, then see an experimental performance in the museum’s theater at night
- ogle the genteel mansions on Astor Street, where Chicago’s rich and powerful have lived since the 1880s
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities and Magnificent Mansions.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.