Chicago - Andersonville & Uptown (PDF Chapter)
This is the Andersonville & Uptown chapter from Lonely Planet’s Chicago guide-book.
These northern neighborhoods are good for a delicious browse. Andersonville is an old Swe-dish enclave centered on Clark St, where timeworn bars mix with new foodie-destination restau-rants, artsy boutiques, antique shops and gay and lesbian bars.
- amble along busy Clark Street, pop into stylish shops by day and drink and dine in gastro-nome eateries at night
- listen to jazz and sip martinis with Al Capone’s ghost in velvet booths amid the candlelit, art deco interior of Green Mill
- slurp a savory bowl of pho and some bubble tea in the steamy-windowed shops of ‘Little Saigon.’
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.