Chicago - Andersonville & Uptown (PDF Chapter)
These northern neighborhoods are good for a delicious browse. Andersonville is an old Swedish enclave centered on Clark St, where timeworn European-tinged businesses and bakeries mix with new foodie restaurants, funky boutiques, vintage shops and gay and lesbian bars.
- amble along the busy thoroughfare of Clark Street, pop into funky shops by day and drink and dine in gastronome taverns at night
- listen to jazz and sip martinis with Al Capone’s ghost in velvet booths amid candlelit, art-deco décor in Green Mill
- slurp pho and bubble tea in the steamy-windowed shops of ‘Little Saigon’ on Argyle Street
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.