Chateaux of the Loire Valley Road Trips - Chateaux of the Loire Valley Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Châteaux of the Loire Valley chapter from Lonely Planet’s Châteaux of the Loire Valley Road Trips guidebook.
For centuries, France’s great river has been the backdrop for royal intrigue and extravagant architecture. This trip weaves together nine of the Loire Valley’s most classic châteaux.
- visit Chambord, France’s chateau superstar
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- explore Azay-le-Rideau, a Renaissance jewel on a green island
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- what to see if you’re travelling in the Loire Valley with kids
- discover even more with walking tours, detours, and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Chinon, Langeais, Villandry, Azay-le-Rideau, Chenonceau, Amboise, Blois, Cheverny, Chambord, Chinon Walking Tour, Paris Walking Tour, Loire Valley, Orléans, Château de Chambord, Château de Cheverny, Château de Chaumont, Tours, Château de Chenonceau, Château de Villandry, Château de Langeais, Château d’Azay-le-Rideau, Château d’Ussé, Saumur and Angers.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation