*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Central Asia - Uzbekistan (PDF Chapter)
This is the Uzbekistan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Central Asia guidebook.
The region’s cradle of culture for more than two millennia, Uzbekistan is home to a spellbinding arsenal of architecture and ancient cities, all deeply infused with the bloody, fascinating history of the Silk Road. In terms of sights alone, Uzbekistan is Central Asia’s biggest draw and most impressive showstopper.
- visit the breathtaking Registan in Samarkand which leads to a formidable cast of larger-than-life Timurid architectural gems
- explore the exquisitely preserved holy city of Bukhara boasting stunning 15th-century medressas, awesome B&Bs and a fascinating history
- travel to the last independent Central Asian khanate, Khiva, frozen in time behind mud walls in the middle of the Kyzylkum desert
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: When to Go, Tashkent, Fergana Valley, Kokand, Fergana, Andijon, Samarkand, Shakhrisabz, Termiz, Nurata, Bukhara, Urgench, Khiva, Karakalpakstan, Nukus, Moynaq, Understand Uzbekistan, Uzbekistan Today, History, People, Religion, Arts, Environment, Food & Drink & Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.