Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Central Asia - Uzbekistan (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Uzbekistan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Central Asia guidebook.
The region’s cradle of culture for more than two millennia, Uzbekistan is the proud home to a spellbinding arsenal of architecture and ancient cities. In terms of sights alone, Uzbekistan is Central Asia’s biggest draw and most impressive showstopper.
- marvel at Central Asia’s most stunning ensemble of larger-than-life Timurid architectural gems, in Samarkand’s Registan
- wander the exquisitely preserved holy city of Bukhara, boasting stunning 15th-century me-dressas, stylish B&Bs and fascinating history
- look for the ghosts of the last independent Central Asian khanate in Khiva, frozen in time behind mud walls in the middle of the Kyzylkum desert
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Tashkent & Around, Chimgan Ugam-Chatkal National Park, Fergana Valley, Kokand, Fergana & Around, Andijon, Central Uzbekistan, Samarkand, Shakhrisabz, Termiz, Nurata, Bukhara, Khorezm, Urgench & Around, Khiva, Karakalpakstan, Nukus, Moynaq, Understand Uzbekistan, Uzbekistan Today, History, People, Religion, Arts, En-vironment, Food & Drink, Survival Guide, When to Go, Visas & Permits, Itineraries, Fast Facts, Exchange Rates, Resources.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.